Monday, March 14, 2011

Photoshop

This semester, we have learned many different Photoshop techniques. We learned how to do fisheye, blend two images together, copy and paste a portion of one picture to another, use the threshold method, and more. The purpose of this assignment was to apply at least three of the new Photoshop techniques we have learned in a final photo shopped image. In this photo, I used the threshold, blending, and contrast effects. I first started by increasing the contrast in the image to get the blackest blacks and the whitest whites. Second, I applied the threshold technique to the image which changes the image to complete black and white. To do this I first had to select the portion of the image I wanted to manipulate using the magnetic lasso tool. Once that was selected, I created another layer via copy so that only the selected portion of the image would be in the new layer and made twelve copies. Starting with layer twelve, I applied the threshold effect and used the magic wand tool to erase all the white spaces, making sure the tolerance was set to zero and the contiguous box was unchecked. This allowed everything that was not black to be deleted throughout the image. Then, I CTRL + clicked the thumbnail on the layer so that only the black parts would be selected and pressed CTRL + backspace to change the black to a color of my choice. I repeated these steps throughout all the layers, adding more black and lighter shades of blue as I went down the layers. Lastly, I merged all the layers together after saving the image as. Next, I duplicated the image and added it to another image to blend them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment